Posted by Bonnie Rogers on 1/25/2012 to Healthful choices
3 Simple Steps to Alkalinize your Body and Create Radiant Health
Have you ever given any thought to the fact that what you put into your body can change whether it begins to corrode (break down) or recharge (rebuild). When I think about this, what first goes through my mind is whether the body is acidic or alkaline. Think about battery acid and how it can corrode anything that it touches. Now think about what that acid can do in your body. What can cause acid in your body?
Diet, stress, and exposure to toxins are the first things I think about. When your body's pH can be brought into a slightly alkaline state, I find that the health issues that I consider acidic tend to disappear and your body begins to repair itself. An example of health conditions that I think of when I think acidic: arthritis, cancer, acid reflux, digestive disorders, diabetes, osteoporosis and the list goes on. By making simple shifts you can create powerful changes in your body and create the health you'd like.
- Step 1: Nutrition: think green. Foods that I consider acidic: grains, meat, dairy, sugar, coffee. I challenge you to for one week to eliminate most if not all of the acidic foods. Drink green smoothies (alkaline foods) , juice lots of vegetable juices such as cucumber, celery, kale, lemon; eat lots of salads (but don't use jarred salad dressing, make your own with some organic apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs. Add some avocado. See how you feel. I've done this and its just amazing to feel the change in your body.
- Here's a simple recipe for an amazing tasty alkaline soup:
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 lb green beans
- steam them for about 10-15 minutes and then puree them either in a blender or with a blending wand and use the water that you steamed the vegetables in as your broth. I like to add a little lemon juice when I'm eating this soup. If you like it spicy, add some pepper to it.
- Step 2: Water: Do you know that most of today's water is filled with toxins? It's treated with so many chemicals that it's basically a lifeless, tasteless liquid. When I look at water I look at it from 2 perspectives: is it filtered and is it ionized. Most water ionizers have small filters on them to remove some toxins but my gut tells me that if you are drinking water to feed your body, make sure that you are filtering the water you are drinking to remove the harmful constituents. When it comes to alkaline, ionized water I've seen so many amazing results that take people with acidic health conditions in their bodies and turn them around. One example is my daughter, the short story: age 14, lyme disease, 2 months later diagnosed Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, ends up on medications, 8 years later Hodgkins Lymphoma (from the meds?) and then osteoporosis (from all the prednisone?), back on arthritis medications. Started ionized water (I work with the Chanson machines), within 1 1/2 years off of all medications. I've seen so many results - contact me privately for more information.
- Step 3: Stress: Take time for you. Whether this is sitting quietly for 10 minutes a day just breathing quietly and thinking about something that makes you happy. Maybe create a scene that you like, being in the woods, next to a tree, at the beach, in a field and go there in your meditation and let your stress go. Create time to exercise, maybe its a simple walk or try a kickboxing class, yoga, find something that makes that stress dissolve.
It sounds so difficult, but its just one step at a time. Think how good you'll feel when you make just one simple change. Here's to a year filled with vibrant, radiant health