There are days that you just don’t want to eat sauerkraut or kimchi to get your probiotics. These probiotic shots will fit perfectly into your daily schedule
Turn your fresh vegetable juice or bottled vegetable juice into fermented tonics. And the best part: it has the same potent nutrients as a fermented pickle. It takes only minutes to create a batch of Probiotic Shots: just water, salt, juice and brine left over from lacto-fermented pickles. (or if you don’t have any made – buy a jar at a health food store for your starter – or make a jar of pickles first – it only takes 5 days – instructions in the package cookbook.
This is simply the easiest form of fermenting using the Perfect Pickler®.
- Morning juice boost: "coconut water, carrot, or tomato juice anyone?"
- Sport drink replacement, rich with electrolytes to ease muscle cramping
- Smoothie booster—turn on your drink with a shot
- Pet food supplement at the ready
- Salad dressing/condiment booster
- Cocktail mixer and punch base
- Cold, flu, and sore throat gargle
- Relief for indigestion and heartburn
- Tonic while on antibiotics and convalescing
Prep Time: 5 mins Jar Size: 1 quart/.9 L
- 16 oz. vegetable juice (see favorites below)
- 16 oz. Filtered Water
- 1 TBS. Celtic Sea Salt® or other premium brand of mineral salt
- 2 TBS. saved brine from previous batch of lacto-fermented vegetables or tonic
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a 1 quart jar until almost full.
- Float brine overflow cup on top of juice.
- Twist on Perfect Pickler® lid until just hand snug.
- Pour tap water into airlock to the max line and gently twist into lid.
- Place in cool location (68-74 degrees) and wait patiently for 4 days!
- Remove fermenting kit, seal and refrigerate.
FAVORITES: Very Veggie Tomato Medley, Carrot Juice
Caveat: Fermented vegetable juice is best used in small "shot" doses, 1 or 2 oz. will give you great benefit. There is no science that states "if a little is good, a whole lot more is better." A quart will last you approximately one month.