Doing a spring liver cleanse not only helps clear out the old stagnant gunk you might have been holding on to, but it also helps allow you to feel lighter and healthier as you go into the spring time.
Our liver is the 2nd largest organ in the body. (the skin is the largest). Most of you think of the liver as a detoxification organ but it also has other important functions such as fat metabolism, cholesterol balancer, blood sugar controller and a balancer of hormones.
What substances cause the liver to need cleansing?
When we consume processed foods, eat refined sugar, take pharmaceutical drugs, ingest or breathe in pesticides along with so many other things, the liver can become sluggish. When these toxins accumulate, the liver becomes weaker and isn't able to function at its full capacity. When this happens you may:
- Be Fatigued
- Get Sugar Cravings
- Feel bloated and gassy
- Be constipated
- Have excess Weight Gain
- Trouble sleeping
- PMS and Menopause Hormonal Issues
- Get Headaches
Our liver is amazing and can be restored. We want to cleanse and clear out what no longer serves us. We want our liver to be as clear as possible so it can balance our estrogen levels, clear toxins from our body and allow us to feel clear and energized. By doing this we can also clear negative stress and toxic emotions from our body which may be holding you back. Are you aware that in Chinese medicine we hold our anger in our livers? Herbal / Nutritional suggestions:
- Start your day with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon in hot water
- Eat wild greens such as dandelion, chickweed, and garlic mustard
- Add more greens like kale, collards, mustard greens, bok choy, swiss chard to our diet
- Juice vegetables
- Juice and /or eat roasted beets : beets are especially beneficial as they detoxify our liver and clear out oxidative stress. They stimulated the functioning of our liver cells, protect the liver and bile ducts and protect against fatty deposits
- Eliminate sugar and white flour
- Add the Ayurvedic supplement Triphala - I like the Organic India brand best
- Drink roasted dandelion tea
- Add turmeric to your foods
- Stop using processed salad dressings, instead use freshly squeezed lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (organic please) with olive oil
- Eat as much organic foods as you can
If you want to do a total liver cleanse, contact me and we'll get you started on a healthy program incorporating amazing good nutrition, herbs and so much more.
What one thing will you do this week to begin to clear your liver?
Please share your thought are in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you.